Thursday 6 December 2012

Problems along Elm Road thanks to work by BT


Dear Norfolk County Council Officer

I hope you are well.

As you will be aware I have been complaining about the state of the pathways around Elm Road for sometime. Imagine my suprise therefore when lorries turned up to work on the pavement along Elm Road. I enquired and found out however that they were from BT and would be digging up the area for pipework to be installed/replaced.

Do they need to notify NCC in advance of such action? what arrangements are in place to notify residents in advance?

Whilst the confusion that ensued at the start of the work receeded, myself and other residents are particularly disappointed at the finished pathway - see attached photographs.

The area looks a complete mess, with the pathway looking very messy, loose chippings, and the road itself still with loose bits of tarmac and the road not adequately cleaned in my opinion (Sand that was used for the works was just dumped straight onto the road).

Does NCC have a view in relation to this? and to what extent can you request that they come back to tidy the area sufficiently?

Terry

No comments: