Monday 5 May 2008

My first post!

Wow! Welcome to my first post. I have been thinking about starting my own blog for sometime but have worried that I may not have nothing interesting to write about or that I may not get time to write anything that often. However, today is the 4th May 2008 and I have been prompted to start the blog as nationally, the Labour Party has suffered what the media is describing as "its worst electoral defeat in 40 years". As somebody that reads many blogs on a regular basis and as a supporter of the Labour Party, I have become increasingly disappointed that there are very few blogs from a Labour Party perspective. I regularly read blogs such as Iain Dale, Guido Fawkes, Dizzy, Conservative Home, Little's Log, Norfolk Blogger and others and all of course are highly critical of the Government, sometimes justifiably, and sometimes I feel they can be very vindictive, unfair, and tirelessly search for bad news stories without giving a fair account of a situation, or express a balanced argument. With my blog, aptly called 'Jermy's Journal', I hope to give the views of somebody who supports the Labour Party, and the principles of the Labour Party and share my views to anybody that cares to read them. It is likely that I will predominantly comment on issues concerning our local Town, District and County Councils here in Thetford as these are of particular relevance and interest to me and I will also comment upon national topics and international topics. Here's to hopefully, many more blogs. TJUK2008

No comments: