Sunday 3 February 2013

A critique of Norfolk Conservatives from somebody that knows them well....



Fascinating comments regarding Norfolk Tories on my Facebook page. This is from a lady that used to know them very well:

Margaret Eastham: "Came in at the end Mike, my spies having been there all day. Met Bert Bremner who looked shell shocked and asked whether I could have ever guessed it was that bad. Oh yes! You have to be in the thick of it to see how they work. I wouldn't spit on most Tory Councillors if they were on fire and I was Chloe Smith's agent in the General Election. Take that as you wish. I would vote for my Tory MP but the days of voting for these ghastly specimens are over. Not one of them (save for John Dobson) objected to Murphy's behaviour when he was riding roughshod over the whole of Norfolk. Now that he has been uncovered many of them are squeaking about how awful he is. Too little too late".

Mike Brindle: "The Tories are interested in power; most of the rest of us are interested in providing services, and that includes most Independents. I admire what you have done, Margaret: we need more people in politics with principles like you".
17 hours ago · Like

Margaret Eastham: "My father served the Crown abroad in a position far senior to that of an MP. Throughout my young life it was continually instilled in me that the higher up the ladder you climb the more of a servant you become. My father considered himself throughout his working life to be a servant of the people. The difference between his attitude and that of the Tory Councillors, not just at County level is marked and very worrying. Good luck to all those standing in May and my earnest hope is that the poison in County Hall will be lanced".

No comments: