Sunday 21 July 2013

Further email correspondence from residents...

Hello,

Firstly, thank you for your hand delivered personalised letter with regard to the forthcoming local elections.

I note with interest that you have lived in Thetford all your life (age 27) and your wishes to improve Thetford in many ways.  I also note your comments that in recent weeks you have spoken with "100's" of people, knocking on "100's" of doors obtaining views, opinions etc!!

I would however like to say that I moved to Thetford in December 1972 (I make that 40 years and seven months), I have worked full time in Thetford all those years, paid ,my taxes, and am still working full time at age almost 59.  In all those years no County Councillor  has ever knocked on my door to ask my views / opinions or concerns that I may have, obviously you included as the letter was posted through my letterbox with no attempt to knock at my door, incidentally I was at home at the time the letter was delivered.

You ask for our votes, but how would we know if we are making the right "party" choice, remember we have never spoken, and you certainly don't know the issues I would raise if given the chance.

Anyway, I would like to wish you good luck in the elections.

Best regards
XXXXXXXXX

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Dear Mr and Mrs XXXXXXX

Thank-you for taking the time to email me.

Apologies that I have been unable to canvass your area as of yet for this election. There are 10,000 electors for the Thetford-West County division and it is physically impossible to talk to every single one, but I am making as much effort as possible to talk to as many as I can. So far myself and the campaign team have spoken to 2,400 people as part of the campaign and we will be continuing up until polling day.

If my information is correct I believe you live at xxxxx Road? in which case I did manage to door knock your area prior to the May 2nd election, but of course not everybody will be at home each time I do this - so apologies for that. I do however know your area very well as I deliver the monthly About Thetford magazine to xxxx Road etc - if I remember correctly your house is the one with the nice front garden!

Not only have I lived in Thetford all my life, I was born not too far away from where you live. I was born at Ash Close and now live at Elm Road. If there is anything that voters wish to ask me about then they can either telephone, or email or request that I visit them - which I am very happy to do. I'm always very happy to hear peoples opinions and issues - that's what being a Councillor is all about for me.

Best wishes,
Terry Jermy

No comments: