Thursday 29 August 2013

Foul mouthed rants continue from UKIP supporters

Not for the first time since the Thetford -West by-election I have endured some unpleasant exchanges with UKIP supporters. Often these exchanges have been through the comments section of this blog, or on Twitter, or Facebook. This week I have been in receipt of some unpleasant text messages to my personal mobile phone. Some Councillors do not make their home phone or their personal mobile number available to residents, but I have always made myself as open and as contactable as possible. It is disappointing that people choose to abuse this. It is also very disappointing that I have addressed absolutely loads of casework issues this week, some really quite difficult issues, but the person that has been texting me recently still feels that I "do nothing" and all I care about is "foreigners". Of all the casework issues that I've dealt with recently not a single one has been on behalf of somebody that's not a British citizen - but hey, it's not like UKIP supporters to let a few hard facts get in their way of making a misleading point?




No comments: